Keeping it simple. Keeping it real. Keeping it vegan.
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
Did you know that Girl Scout cookies are vegan? Well, not all of them. I actually looked into this a while ago, and found that the cookies were not vegan. What I didn't realize is that there are two manufacturers, and only one of them offers vegan selections. Shortly after I read about this, one of my students came up to me and asked, "Do you want to buy some VEGAN Girl Scout cookies?" I looked at that order form, and sure enough, the word VEGAN was printed next to three of the cookie choices - Thin Mints, Lemonades, and Peanut Butter Patties. I immediately ordered five boxes. I haven't eaten a Girl Scout cookie in approximately ten years. If you want vegan cookies, you'll have to find a Girl Scout selling from ABC Smart Bakers, and not Little Brownie Bakers. I never enjoyed the camping and horse back riding aspects of Girl Scouts, but I had fun making jewelery with an elderly woman named Miriam at Rocking Horse Ranch and not riding the roller coasters at Hershey Park. I now will enjoy vegan Girl Scout cookies, as well. Good job, Girl Scouts.
No comments:
Post a Comment