Tonight I decided to toss together a bunch of ingredients that were sitting in the fridge. That seemed a lot easier than searching for recipes and ingredients. It turned into a delicious penne primavera. This lovely Italian dish usually includes a garlic and olive oil sauce, but I had a bit of marinara sauce in the fridge, so I added that, and it topped the meal off perfectly.
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 white onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
A few shakes of oregano and basil
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cups fresh baby spinach
2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
1/4 cup marinara sauce
Steps
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet.
2. Saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes.
3. Add oregano and basil
4. Add diced bell peppers and saute for about 5 minutes.
5. Add spinach and heat until wilted.
6. Serve over whole wheat penne pasta. Add marinara sauce (or whatever kind of sauce you have in the house)
I used my dicer again on this one. It sure makes things easier. This is a very simple meal, and you will probably also have many of the ingredients in stock, too! Italian and vegan... mmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment