This kitchen has forced me to be a minimalist in terms of what I own and store, and most of the time in terms of what I cook. That's why I'm pretty excited about the book I just bought, One Dish Vegan. It's written by the same author as Vegan on the Cheap, which I also love.
Things I like about this book:
-The recipes do not call for weird ingredients.
-Total prep and cook time is typically about 30 minutes.
-Many of the recipes incorporate kale. Love.
-As the title suggests, you only need one giant pot or dish to make a great meal.
Some of the recipes I'm excited to try:
-Lemony quinoa with spinach and chickpeas
-Black bean and avocado rice salad
-Lentil and butternut soup
-Black bean soup with kale and sweet potatoes
Recipes I have already tried:
-Chickpea and kale stew
-Tunisian chickpeas with sweet potatoes and greens
Both of the meals I have tried so far have been great! I served the second one with quinoa just for the heck of it. Quick, delicious, and healthy - woo hoo! I recommend this book for anyone who has a packed schedule and doesn't have the time to cook every night. I threw together one of these meals and ate it for the rest of the week.
Blogger's Soundtrack
"The Moon Song"
I went to see Her this weekend at an independent theater that I love. It was profound and esoteric. And Joaquin Phoenix is vegan.

No comments:
Post a Comment