That being said, I have enjoyed some interesting vegan finds lately. First I must mention Peace o' Pie Gourmet Vegan Pizza shop, located on Cambridge Street in Allston. My brother and I tried the Neapolitan pizza, which includes fresh basil,tomato slices, and organic tofu ricotta. I usually stay away from fake cheese, but we both enjoyed this pizza quite a bit. This place also sells all kinds of calzones, sandwiches, and vegan desserts. It's very hipster and within walking distance of my apartment. Yummy.
Next up, I attended the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival, which my friend described as Disney World for vegetarians/vegans. There were so many vendors! I walked away with a list of thirty-five vegetarian and vegan restaurants in and around Boston. I ate a vegan cannoli and signed lots of petitions for groups campaigning against various forms of animal cruelty. The event was quite crowded, albeit enjoyable - and just when I thought I was one of the only vegans in Boston!
Finally, today I stumbled across a hilarious tumbler page - "You Know You Are A Vegan When..." Here you will find sarcastic reflections on what it's like to be a vegan on a daily basis. I was laughing pretty hard because a lot of it resonated with me. Check it out.
Blogger's Soundtrack
The Lumineers - "Ho Hey"
No comments:
Post a Comment