One of my students became upset when he saw me drinking lemonade.
Student: "You can't drink that!"
Me: "Why not?"
Student: "It has sugar in it!"
Student: "You can't eat potatoes!"
Me: "Why not?"
Student: "Potatoes come from animals!"
Me: "What animal does a potato come from?"
Student: "A cow."
Student: "You need to go eat a hamburger."
Me: "Why?
Student: "You aren't getting enough nutrients in just salad."
Me: "Salad is not the only thing I eat."
Student: "Well, I'm telling you, don't hold onto too many balloons at once. You might blow away."
Student: "It doesn't matter if you don't eat animals. There are still lots of other people that do. So it doesn't really make a difference."
Me: "I choose to be more optimistic."
Student: "You don't eat meat?! Then what do you eat?!"
Students: "Do you eat fish?"
Me: "No. Fish have faces and moms and dads."
Student: "Vegetables have faces, too. I saw it in a cartoon."
Student: "I told my mom that you don't eat meat. She asked me why, and I said because you are a vegetarian or something. Then she said that you are very weird."
Being a teacher is stressful, but also hilarious.
Blogger's Soundtrack: Mumford and Sons - "The Cave"
Hahaha are we teaching the same students? I seem to think I have heard these before!!
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely to have stumbled upon the blog of a fellow vegan and educator!
I have added you to my Google Reader feed and look forward to learning more about you and your blog!! :)