Saturday, May 2, 2015

Semi-Vegan Baby Shower

My niece, Philomena, is one month old.  When my sister was about 8 1/2 months pregnant, during the dreadful winter of 2015, I threw her a baby shower with mostly vegetarian/vegan food for lunch.  My sister is not vegan, so it didn't make sense to host a shower with all of my favorite foods.  I did my best to be fair.

The Theme
You are My Sunshine - the decorations were yellow, and included sunflowers, lemons, and some handmade items I created during the many snow days I spent pent up in my apartment

The Menu
Lunch
-Trader Joe's sparkling lemonade
-Hummus and pita bread
-A variety of vegan and traditional wraps from the bagel store where our dad works
-Chef Chloe's Artichoke Pesto Crostini
-My mom's famous spinach pie

Dessert
-A traditional cake
-Vegan coconut-lemon cupcakes

Favors
coconut lemon cookies with a packet of sunflower seeds

The Pictures








No comments:

Post a Comment