Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pumpkin Everything

I don't remember pumpkin being such a huge fall fad until maybe a few years ago.  I did some research and several sources connect the explosion with the debut of the Pumpkin Spice Latte by Starbucks in 2003.  That's when I graduated from high school - I guess it took a while for me to catch on.  I have never consumed a Pumpkin Spice Latte - I don't drink coffee, and they aren't vegan (the pumpkin sauce contains condensed milk).  However, I do love pumpkin recipes and products.  Here are some of my recent favorites.

Pumpkin Chips
I am addicted to Laurel Hill Pumpkin Seed Chips and Way Better Snacks Punkin Cranberry Corn Tortilla Chips.  They are especially good paired with some original flavor hummus from Whole Foods.  Best snack ever.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I came across this recipe on Pinterest and these cookies are the bomb.  Many pumpkin cookie recipes include a variety of strange ingredients, but I had everything for these available in my pantry. I was a bit low on pumpkin puree so I used extra apple sauce.  They ended up super cakey, more like mini muffins, so I ate them for breakfast.  I had planned on bringing them into work, but I ended up eating them all myself.  Oops.

Pumpkin Chili
Here's the recipe. I used diced tomatoes and included about half the cumin and chili powder.  It was unbelievably easy and the flavor outstanding. 

Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal
This has been my favorite overnight oatmeal recipe so far.  I did not include protein powder or pumpkin seeds.  I might include some vanilla next time-- and there will be a next time.


As you can see, I've been busy.  Here's what I want to try next:
Pumpkin Applesauce
Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast cookies


I just love lists.  And as usual, I have already done the research for you, so get to work.  And if you live in Boston, go to Root in Allston and try their pumpkin pancakes- they will blow your mind.


Blogger's Soundtrack
 Lorde - "Yellow Flicker Beat"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment