Saturday, September 6, 2014

Spicy Spaghetti Squash Tacos

It's 91 degrees in September!  I think I'll spend the rest of the day in my air conditioned apartment, thank you.  School has started, so I'm back to cooking huge meals on Sunday night to eat for the rest of the week.  I'm also training for a half marathon, so I need some extra calories!  I find lots of recipes on Pinterest, and I was enticed by this one for spicy spaghetti squash with black beans.  I like spaghetti squash, but you really need some elbow grease-- or a chain saw-- to slice that thing open.  Hopefully you own a better knife than I do, because this is a delicious meal!  Overall, I stuck to the original recipe, but I did not include the cilantro or sea salt.  Then I used the squash mixture as soft shell taco filling and topped it off with chopped cherry tomatoes and avocado.  Yum!  I even ate some cold with blue corn tortilla chips as a snack later in the week.  Try it!



Blogger's Soundtrack
Coldplay - "Sky Full of Stars"

No comments:

Post a Comment