Saturday, September 6, 2014

Overnight Oatmeal

I'm not a big breakfast person.  The only things I'll eat are cereal with almond milk or something like pancakes or waffles.  Definitely nothing savory.  Smoothies are alright, I guess, but I don't really have the time to whip something up in the morning before work.  And by the time I get to work, the bowl of cereal I ate at 6 AM really isn't holding me over until lunch.  This is why my discovery of overnight oatmeal has been so exciting.  You throw some oats (not quick cooking), your choice of milk, and ingredients that will add flavor, into a mason jar or Tupperware container, and leave it in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, you have some yummy oatmeal.  It doesn't have to be heated, which has made it perfect for me to take to work and eat at my desk.

Here are two recipes I've tried so far:

Banana/Nut Butter Oatmeal
1 cup oats
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 mashed banana
1 package Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter OR 2 spoonfuls of peanutbutter

Applesauce Oatmeal
1 cup oats
1/2 cup vanilla almond mlik
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and seal it up tightly!

Today I bought some vanilla almond butter, which I will try this week, and once the weather is cooler, I'll make some pumpkin oatmeal, as well.  So many possibilities!




Blogger's Soundtrack
The Beatles - "Yesterday"



No comments:

Post a Comment