Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunny Side Up

This was just not my week.  I was at the vet twice with Seamus, and was in a panic about what was going on with him.  I felt frantic at work due to the amount of paperwork I need to complete this month, and was having individual conversations with students about their behavior in every free moment.  Yesterday I went on a day-long field trip with the sixth graders, and by that point I just did not have the prerequisite patience and energy left over for such an excursion.  By the time I got home yesterday, I had no food in the house, the apartment was a mess, and I had three loads of laundry beckoning.  So I'm glad it's Sunday.  I've already snuggled with my cats, cleaned the place, and done the laundry.  I look forward to getting a good workout, and after that I will tackle some of that schoolwork so I can feel more in control this week.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics work for Mr. Mus.

On the vegan side of things, I've been eating whatever is most convenient in the moment this week, so this morning I decided to make a decent breakfast.  Ever since eating that delicious brunch at Root, I've been craving some vanilla pancakes.  I'm notoriously bad at making pancakes.  I can't seem to figure out what the appropriate time is for flipping, so my pancakes never actually look like pancakes.  It's why I prefer making waffles.  I found this recipe for Very Vanilla Pancakes, and the pictures looked lovely, so I decided to try it.  The batter was super thick, which made it quite easy to flip these pancakes.  The recipe made about six.  They didn't taste bad, per se, but they weren't really the consistency of pancakes.  It was more like eating a vanilla scone, because they were very dense, rather than fluffy.  Another pancake attempt gone wrong.  What can you do.  At least my cat is basking in the sun and purring like a machine.







Soundtrack
Ingrid Michaelson - "Girls Chase Boys"

1 comment:

  1. LoL natalie! ... busy as usual! ... I have this playing on the text to speech player. its converts text into a computer generated voice. and this was really fun to listen to on there.

    ReplyDelete