Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wildflour Vegan Bakery - Pawtucket, RI

Despite the fact that I went to college in Providence and drive through there fairly frequently on the way down to the ferry in Connecticut, I had never been to Wildflour Vegan Bakery and Juice Bar in Pawtucket, RI until today.  I'm ashamed to admit this, but I do have a reasonable explanation.  In Arizona, there is a place called Wildflower Bread Company, and somehow, whenever anyone asked me, "Have you been to Wildflour?", this is what I thought they were talking about.  Foolish, I know.  I finally figured out that there is a full-fledged vegan bakery just an hour's drive from Boston, and I checked it out with a friend today.  I was not disappointed.  They have a variety of cupcakes, cookies, brownies, muffins, and bars in the showcase, along with lots of beverages, including smoothies.  Oh, and lots of their stuff is gluten-free, too.  I tried a gluten-free lemon vanilla cupcake, which was delightful - the cake was dense and the frosting tasted like butter cream.  I also brought home a giant chocolate chip cookie and a peanut butter brownie - nomnomnom.  Anyone who knows me knows I love a good smooothie, and there were plenty to choose from.  I went with a refreshing berry-flavored ice tea, though, which was sweet, but not too sweet.  Loved it.






The place was hopping, but there were plenty of seats inside and outside, and we were able to snag a table.  I definitely plan on stopping by Wildflour whenever I'm in the area again - and what's more, there's a vegetarian restaurant just a few doors down - Garden Grille Cafe!  Today was a good day for vegan discoveries.

Blogger's Soundtrack
Justin Timberlake - "Not A Bad Thing"
(featuring the LIRR  - hah!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment