- Lettuce/spinach/kale/and so forth - at any decent grocery store there will be a delightful assortment of greens to serve as the foundation for your salad. I enjoy baby spinach and kale. I'm not a fan of arugula or romaine. Whatever floats your boat.
- Tomatoes - grape, cherry, heirloom, Roma - if you are a fan of tomatoes, there are a bunch to choose from, and you can mix it up from time to time. I'm currently on a grape tomato kick. Delish.
- Cucumbers. No salad is complete without cucumbers. Period.
- Red bell peppers - so tasty.
- Avocado - I chop up half an avocado and throw it into every salad. There's your Omega-3 and healthy fat. You can't go wrong with avocado.
- Nuts and seeds. I lovelovelove lightly salted sunflower seeds or chopped cashews in a salad.
- Steamed edamame. I noticed it in the produce section one day. Score.
- Roasted vegetables - if I roast bell peppers, zucchini, and onion for a pasta dish or pizza, I'll serve it over greens as leftovers another night.
- Your favorite salad dressing. This really can make or break a salad. And you must toss it in a colander or an official salad spinner so the dressing is evenly distributed. I typically go with an organic oil and vinegar dressing of some variety. Simple yet flavorful.
Death Cab - "Soul Meets Body"