Saturday, February 15, 2014

Vegan Girl Scout Cookies

Did you know that Girl Scout cookies are vegan?  Well, not all of them.  I actually looked into this a while ago, and found that the cookies were not vegan.  What I didn't realize is that there are two manufacturers, and only one of them offers vegan selections.  Shortly after I read about this, one of my students came up to me and asked, "Do you want to buy some VEGAN Girl Scout cookies?"  I looked at that order form, and sure enough, the word VEGAN was printed next to three of the cookie choices - Thin Mints, Lemonades, and Peanut Butter Patties.  I immediately ordered five boxes.  I haven't eaten a Girl Scout cookie in approximately ten years.  If you want vegan cookies, you'll have to find a Girl Scout selling from ABC Smart Bakers, and not Little Brownie Bakers.  I never enjoyed the camping and horse back riding aspects of Girl Scouts, but I had fun making jewelery with an elderly woman named Miriam at Rocking Horse Ranch and not riding the roller coasters at Hershey Park.  I now will enjoy vegan Girl Scout cookies, as well.  Good job, Girl Scouts.




ABC Dairy-Free Girl Scout Cookies



Blogger's Soundtrack
Ellie Goulding - "Explosions"

No comments:

Post a Comment