Saturday, May 26, 2012

Banana Berry Waffles

I haven't blogged in awhile.  It's been over a month, in fact.  School ended, which is a crazy time in general, but I accepted a new job in Boston, so it has been a very busy/stressful/emotional few weeks.  While I should trying to use up what's in my cabinets before I make the big move, I haven't been in the mood to cook or write.  This morning, however, I decided whip up one of my weekend favorites-- banana waffles.  These can also be turned into pancakes if you don't have a waffle iron available.  Whichever you make, I must warn you, this recipe is very filling.


Ingredients
1 3/4 cups vanilla nondairy milk (I use soymilk or almond milk)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups whole wheat flour (regular flour will also work)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2  bananas

Directions

1.  Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2.  Combine the milk and olive oil in a small bowl, then mix that into the dry ingredients.
3.  Mash the bananas thoroughly with a fork, or throw them into a food processor.  Then add the bananas to the other ingredients.
4.  Use the batter to make your waffles or pancakes!

Today I had a bunch of fruit in the fridge, so I tried chopping up some strawberries and adding them to the batter.  I wasn't a fan of the results.  I prefer berries over the top of the waffles instead... delicious!


Chef's Soundtrack: Nelly Furtado: "Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)"
<3 VH1 on Saturday mornings




No comments:

Post a Comment