Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review: Avocado Lime Dark Chocolate Mousse

If you are a vegan with a sweet tooth, and you have not checked out the blog Fragrant Vanilla Cake, go there now.  Check that.  If you are anyone with a sweet tooth, take a look at this blog immediately.  The recipes and photographs for cookies, cakes, and a variety of other desserts are out of this world mouth-watering.  I really like this blog because many of the recipes are quite inventive, and include ingredients that I would have never thought to use. 

Last weekend, I decided to try out the recipe for Avocado Lime Dark Chocolate Mousse from this site.  It was the night of the Oscars, and I thought it would a great dessert choice, particularly since the photos depicted it served in martini glasses. It's not difficult to make, but I do believe I used every dish in the kitchen, between throwing the avocados into the food processor, melting the chocolate, and whipping the coconut milk.  My pictures aren't great for this one, because once it was ready, we couldn't wait to eat it!


This is a very decadent dessert; definitely one for the chocolate lovers!  The mousse was extremely rich and sweet.  I didn't love the whipped coconut milk.  It was meant to contrast with the richness of the chocolate, but it just wasn't sweet enough for me.  Besides that, I loved the dessert.  Now I just have to decide which dessert recipe to try next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment