Saturday, March 17, 2012

Broccoli Pesto Pasta for St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patty's Day!  Every year I wish I were back in New York because it's just not the same in Phoenix.  It's a much bigger deal back home. I was never a fan of corn beef and cabbage, so although I saw many veganized recipes for the traditional holiday fare, I just wanted to make something green.  It is my favorite color, after all, and obviously not a very tall order for a vegan diet.  I found a recipe for "Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Chickpeas" that looked simple and delicious.  They had me at broccoli.


The dish turned out to be quite tasty.  I did not include the lemon zest or the nutritional yeast.  I would also recommend mincing the garlic in the food processor first, so that you don't have to use additional tools.  Obviously I had to pair it up with a beer. We'll just pretend it wasn't a Blue Moon.




Chef's Soundtrack: U2 - "Sunday Bloody Sunday"





4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, especially the chef soundtracks! Although I am not vegan, I am inspired to try a few of your vegan cooking tricks each time I read. Because of this, I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sometimes I wonder if anyone is actually reading this! This comment made my day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for trying the recipe, I'm glad you liked it! I never even realized that it would be appropriate for St Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you just posted this, because I just finished making it for dinner again. Very enjoyable.

      Delete