Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nami

This weekend I discovered that there is a vegan ice cream shop right down the street.  I'm not quite sure how long this has been going on without my knowledge, or how I was not immediately made aware, considering the obsession I have had for ice cream since say, birth.  Anyway, the place is called Nami, as in tSyonami, a soft serve, soy-based ice cream.  All of their "tsundaes" (I came up with that one) start off with vanilla tSyonami, and then they mix in all sorts of other vegan goodies.  You can check out the menu for yourself, but there are about twenty different options!  Today I tried the P.B. 'n' Chocolate, which contains organic peanut butter and organic chocolate.  This place is like the hip, vegan version of Dairy Queen.  They also serve coffee drinks and baked goods.  Be still my vegan heart!  The cups are made from plant-products and the utensils are biodegradable.  Obviously.  Amazing.  I might be stopping by here every day after work, especially since it's just around the corner from the Burton Barr Central Library, my favorite place to pick up cookbooks and CD's.  It's located on 7th Street, just north of McDowell, right next to Green New American Vegetarian restaurant.  Try it.  Now. 

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how jealous I am right now. I would be there everyday... On second thought, maybe it's better that there isn't one nearby.
    Seriously though, you are so lucky. That menu looks amazing, and the prices seem reasonable too.

    ReplyDelete